Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Through My Mask

My latest project for Splodgeaway is showcased on the blog today, using different mediums and masks.


I created the background by dry-brushing acrylic paint and covering it with a dye-based wash which gave a 'worn' look. On top of this I layered distress ink through a flower border mask and outlined it with white gel pen and finished it with snowtex coloured with reinker squished through the dot the lot mask. This overpowered the piece a little so when it was dry I sanded some of it back.
The main image was stamped onto a book page and coloured with coloured pencils to give a soft hint of colour and the rest of the images were stamped with sepia ink to give an overall impression of 'vintage worn'.

                               
                                       
A closer look at the texture.

I love experimenting with different mediums through my masks - the only problem is I sometimes forget to stop!!!
Thanx for stopping by and taking a look. Why not have a peek on the Splodgeaway blog n see what the rest of the fab DT have been up to here ? Hugz, Jayne xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Jayne I have commented on the Splodge Blog but have to say again this is lovely.x

    ReplyDelete