Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Monday 3 September 2012

September Already!! Where has the year gone ???

Well I'm still trying to keep up with Kate Crane's calendar journal challenge over at http://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.co.uk/. Pop Over and have a look..... there's loads of gorge work and inspiration by the bucketful !!!!

Sorry the pics not so good.. my camera's out of action at the mo so had to take it on my mobile phone! I think it's sad that it's the end of summer (although we don't seem to have had much of a summer lol) Anyway that's what my pages are about this month. I used oranges, coppers and bright hot pink to lift my mood n cheer me up and created layers with masks, spray inks and crystal print magic from Debbi moore to create a resist technique in places. I then used a floral mask and promarkers to create some more bolder florals. The squares for the days were cut from various pink and orange patterned paper from my stash. I used some die cut butterflies which I think is a memory box die. I also used 2 digistamp steampunk butterflies from wonderland stamps. I used some caligraphy pens from zig to doodle the trailing vines and flowers around the edges and my main focus is Pierrot from Octopode designs. I love this stamp and it was appropriate to colour him in black n white which meant he stood out against the highly coloured background.

A close up of my clown...... how cute ????    I coloured him with promarkers and added highlights of silver foiling and red.
 The month title was handwritten with a calligraphy pen as were the days of the week and 'the end of the summer'. Pleased with the overall look of my pages and portrayed exactly what I wanted - a last bright spot before the winter sets in !!! lol. Thanx for looking , Hugz, Jayne xxxxx

7 comments:

  1. I love this Jayne gorgeous colours huggles xxxxxxxxxxxx see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was impressed by these colors, and I really liked the butterfly. It really drew my eye into the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have we actually had a summer ????? Wonderful pages and love your character x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your page. This is absolutly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful colors and that gal with the single tear is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Although a little sad ... :-( It seems funny to be saying goodbye to summer when we didn't have one! Thanks for being a part of the challenge. Hope you will still be joining the challenge for october - the link is up!

    ReplyDelete