Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Thursday 2 August 2012

My August Pages

Well here's my August  page and it's only the 2nd lol. Actually it was done yesterday but I was poorly and didn't get round to posting it :(
This month I decided to go for a seaside theme and painted the background with sand, ocean blue and white acrylics. I used masks and stamps to add depth. (especially pleased with the swirl stamp I used along the bottom to make the 'sea'.) I tore a 'sun' out of crafty individuals paper to put the month title on.
I drew the mermaid myself but used the head of Octopode's Elizabeth the first as I'm rubbish at drawing faces and I love, love, love their digistamps! I added lots of stickles to her tail and some adhesive pearls to finish her off.


I added to the seaside feel with some shells that I had drawn and collaged on. The 'days' were cut from paper from my stash (I think it was from papermania) Like the fresh feel of my pages this month. Pop over tohttp://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.co.uk to see some of the other FAB entries.

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE your mermaid!!!! Seems like more than a few of us are using a beachy theme or colors for August :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun pages Jayne. Love the artwork you've done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute pages! Have a happy month :)
    France

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages for August. Lovely colours and great image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiiiiiiiiii Jayne lol got your message love your blog see you soon Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete