Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Teen Kicks n paper piecing!!

The challenge @ http://stlukescharitycardschallenge.blogspot.co.uk this week was to create a card for a teenager..... sometimes a little tricky but here goes!
The image I used was Kitty katastrophe from Kenny K (very apt name in connection with teenagers LoL!!) I have tried the paperpiecing technique with stamping before but wanted to give it a go using digistamps! I printed the image out twice.... once on copy paper and once on marker card. Using the copy paper image I used double sided tape to adhere small pieces of the patterned paper (from my stash) over the parts I wanted patterned. I then put the image back through the printer, making sure that it was  the right way up! The patterned pieces were cut out and stuck onto the card image which I finished off colouring with pro markers.Some bling was added using foiling. I matted and layered several papers onto the front of a card blank made with spice coloured textured card. The sentiment was a bought one (not sure where from) A few sunflowers were added from my stash to finish it off.

Like the effect of the patterned papers (on the skirt, top, wrists and hair ribbons) As they were small pieces they were quite subtle but obviously on larger areas they would be more noticeable.

6 comments:

  1. Great card for a teenager and love her boots...thank you for joining in our challenge over at St LUkes

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teen card Jayne and a fabby image. Gotta love those boots. Thanks for joining us at St Lukes this month.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card, thee perfect girlie image to use..... she's quite a trendy dresser!!
    Thanks for joining us at St Luke's this month :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a really cool image - she has such attitude!!! Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kenny K is one of my Go-to's for teenage cards - his images are brilliant and you've done a great version of Kitty (she's one of my faves - love those boots!). I've never been brave enough to try digi paper piecing but I may try it now I've seen your great results.
    Thanks for joining us at St Luke's this month :-D
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card for a teenager. I also went with a Kenny K stamp.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete