Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Friday 6 July 2012

My July Page

Kate Crane's calender challenge at http://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.co.uk is still going strong. I've missed a few months but have made an extra effort to do this month's so......... here it is ...... and only 6 days late !! LOL
I started the background using red patterned washi tape to make part of the union jack. I then masked each side of each 'stripe' and stamped a swirl from Debbi Moore in blue. This finished off the flag background which I then distressed with white acrylic paint, applied roughly with a brush.I hand drew the olympic circles as I didn't want them to look 'perfect'. The month title was stamped and made into bunting which fitted in to the 'look'. The girl was created using stamps from creative expressions, stamped onto book print and paper from dovecraft pieced to make her dress. All the 'London' themed images were made with stamps from papermania's portabello road range.

A closer look at 'miss Great Britain olympics'.
The finished look seems much 'cleaner' than my usual work. Pleased with the finished page...... out of my comfort zone!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pages and great images ... looking forward to the Olympics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page....such a great idea stamping the girl on to book print to paper piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Here I am sneaking in at last minute! Well, it’s still July isn’t it?! Love love love the Union Jack in the background - v.clever! Well done for keeping up so far, even if you did miss a few months LOL!

    ReplyDelete