Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Thursday 15 March 2012

Better late than never! lol



Well here it is ..... my March page for the callendar challenge over at http://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com/. it was supposed to be posted on the 1st of March but haven't had chance till now. Still better late than never eh? In my defence I have been a bit under the weather AND... I have been doing a lot of stuff for Debbi (of Debbi Moore designs). Have a quick look at her web n see how much she has going on - http://www.debbimoore.co.uk/

I started my page by laying down gesso n closing the book, opening it again to create loads of texture. I painted the pages with shades of blues and greens and painted some branches, leaves and flowers to create a 'spring' feel.I then worked on the background, building up various layers to add depth.


The sheep are a digi stamp from Octopode (http://frillyunderwear.blogspot.com/p/shop_26.html) which I resized to make the lambs. I LOVE the quirky look of all the Octopode images. I have coloured them with promarkers but it doesn't show up in the pic.

This butterfly is made up of my own drawing and the head of octopode's queen Elizabeth and.....

... this one is another of my drawings with the head of  Glinda, the good witch from the wizard of oz (again, Octopode) To finish the whole thing off  I added touches of stickles glitter glue.Pleased with it but disappointed it's soooo late :(

3 comments:

  1. totally inspired. brilliant journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne this is lovely sorry to hear that you have been under the weather hope you are ok now

    Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages! Your sheep crack me up.The colors and details are lovely!

    ReplyDelete