Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Thursday 23 February 2012

The Octopode Friday challenge(TOFF) #34

The challenge over at http://toffchallenge.blogspot.com/ this week is Fancy Dress! Mmmmmm bit different so I had to get my thinking cap on lol.
I've been collecting digistamps from Octopode for only a couple of weeks now n haven't had a chance to use any of them yet so.... here goes.I printed out Wendy and Cpt Hook from the Peter Pan set and used Wendy as the base. I 'dressed ' her in Cpt, Hooks coat, hat n hook then coloured it all in using promarkers. I let Wendy keep her own dress on under the coat!. I used papermania kraft card for the base of the tag and coloured it with distress inks, Debbi Moore spray shimmer inks and acrylic paint through sequin waste. I used personal expressions stamps(inkblot and distress lines) and further distressed the whole thing using tape to peel some of the top layer off in places.

A close-up of Cpt. Wendy. Like the way her hat 'hangs' off the edges of the tag.
 I mounted the tag onto mount board for stabillity and used a crop-o-dile to insert an eyelet to hold various fibres. The sentiment was hand written on plain kraft card edged with distress ink. Wendy was added using a piece of torn music washi tape for her to stand on. LOVE the Octopode digistamps... they're soooo different!

3 comments:

  1. hi Jayne

    you are the winner of the octopode challenge, please email me for your free digi
    theoctopodefactory@hotmail.com

    lily ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to your comments here - I have only been collecting them for a short time too and I love them also. They totally capture my imagination and I love that many of them are inspired from my favorite stories. Your card is very imaginative and I love how redid Wendy. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete