Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Feb's Journal Page

Here's my February page for the Kate Crane Calender challenge. Take a look at http://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com/ Sorry about the quality of the pic but I had to use my mobile once again as it wouldn'y fit on my scanner lol!!
 I had such fun creating it n am quite chuffed that it's actually ready on the 1st of the month !
 I realise the whole hearts thing is really corny but I just couldn't help myself.... I'm a big softy at heart lol.
The background was done by spraying the whole pages librally (in the garden!) with shimmer sprays fromhttp://www.debbimoore.co.uk/. They are fab as they're really vivid clours and all have a different coloured shimmer in them... gorgeous. I let some of it run down the pages and stamped the background with various stamps using distress inks. I made the 'days' from different patterned papers and used a home made template to cut the heart shapes. It took ages but worth the extra effort!

The 'heart girl' was a doodle round a face from a magazine...not perfect but it was my first attempt ...I'm sure I'll improve with practise. I coloured her in with promarkers and added stamped wings from Tattered Angels and a couple of hearts cut from Debbi Moore patterned paper.

The heart stamp was a freebie from the craft stamper. Love the 'tatty' appearance. Coloured with distress inks and the wings were a digistamp fromhttp://www.wonderlandstamps.co.uk/ which I really love. The company is fairly new so she hasn't very many images at the mo but they are FAB, especially if you're into the whole steampunk look.
The borders were cut fron beige card and decorated with various stamps, stickers and rub-ons. Really pleased with the overall look of my page AND......... all on the first of the month too!......Not that I'm bragging or anything LOL  just not used to being sooooo organised!!

9 comments:

  1. love the pink pages its February great girl with the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with hearts for Feb :-) Really enjoy your style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous... great minds think alike with the hearts. Love Cynthia # 19 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image and love the winged heart x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, so soft and romantic, perfect for feb! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Love the colours, and all the elements and details on your page. And well done for being ready on time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Jayne can't wait for March :)

    Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww thanx for such lovely, encouraging comments every1. I really appreciate them. Hugz, Jayne xxx

    ReplyDelete